Sunday, July 21, 2002

My :: brother's ship :: departed yesterday. I am so happy that my dad was able to drive up there and wave him off. I guess they (my dad, Michelle and the kids) were able to go on to his ship and get a tour and even eat there with him. After which my brother left with my dad to his hotel and they stood up the entire night talking. I can't imagine how hard it was for my dad to say goodbye. I am just so happy that my brother knew there was someone there waving goodbye to him. My dad took lots of pictures, I can't wait to see them.

Yesterday was spent melting in a tuxedo because I drove limo for an all day wedding. They needed two limo's so Nathan and I picked them up at 10:30am and didn't drop them off until 6:00pm. Most of which was spent waiting in between hair appointments and photos. Nathan is a newer driver although he has driven much more than I have. He was a lot of fun to talk to but I swear if he would have made one more joke about me being the "bosses daughter" I would have strangled him!

Not much going on today, just gonna relax with my little family and start getting things ready to leave on our honeymoon. I can't believe we leave in less than a week. I am so excited, 5 whole days alone! We have NEVER had 5 entire days to ourselves! Last night John and I stood up late talking, about past relationships and how different everything feels this time. When you get married at 18 you think you know what you are doing, you think you are in love and maybe some people are lucky enough to be right and even to make it work. In my case I went through the motions of what I thought I was supposed to do but I never felt as if my life fit. It was as if I wasn't really me but I had to play the part so that no one would know I was a fake. The best thing I ever did was to pack up my stuff and start a new life with my daughters. Divorce isn't always a pretty thing and I don't recommend breaking up marriages without trying but how can you possible be happily married when you don't even know who you are? I would much rather struggle through life alone than to have to pretend to be happy in a life and marriage that I hate. I am so thankful for the time that I was alone, my years as a single mom proved to me that I am strong, that I can do anything. The years I spent alone really taught me who I was and what kind of person I want to be. I was lucky to fall in love with someone who loves me for the person I am, not in spite of my faults but because of them and I am happily married, not because I couldn't live without John but because I know I could, thankfully I just don't have to.

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template