Thursday, June 06, 2002

Today is the day, I learn how to drive a limousine. Everyone keeps telling me that it isn't hard, it's just like driving a car, only bigger. I don't think they realize that that is what scares me.........the bigger part! I can just picture myself taking a turn and leaving the rear half of the car behind! Joe thinks I can learn in an hour, I think he is crazy! And of course they will expect me to back them into the shop which I don't even want to think about! Ok, I'm making myself a wreck. I think I need another cup of coffee! lol

Last night we spent another night working in my mom's yard. This damn wedding had better be the most gorgeous wedding ever! lol And oh my gosh, if it rains I am not going to be happy! All of the wedding books (yes I have bought a few isn't it pathetic?!) say that you need a backup plan for an outdoor wedding. Here's my plan: it will NOT rain! lol My mom's friend from the Windbreak offered to let us hold it there because he is going to be closed for the day. But I really don't want to have it there, besides when it rains on the 4th it usually doesn't last long. So everyone can just huddle under the canopy I am renting. lol Okay, I'm getting stressed again.

Speaking of stressed.......my dad called yesterday. (Remember the package I mentioned a few days ago?) He said, "I got your package, that movie looks funny." and then he starts talking about the weather. He never mentions the letter or list I sent or whether he is going to help out with expenses or not. I mean, I only sent him the list because he offered to help and so I wanted him to have an idea of how much this was all costing. So we have this entire conversation and he never once brings up the money thing. And I think I was too shocked to even mention it, I mean what could I say? So at the end of our converstaion he says, "How is your mom doing......I haven't talked to her in awhile.......I think I'll call her up to say hi." So I call my mom to tell her he is calling and tell her about my conversation with him as we wait for the call waiting to click. I ask her what she thinks it means that he didn't mention the letter I sent him and she says she thinks it means that he isn't going to help out, which is just what I was thinking. So we hang up (still no call from my dad) and I call my sister. I tell her the same thing I told my mom and ask her opinion and she thinks the same thing my mom and I were thinking. So she says she is going to call him and just see if he mentions it to her. (Are you confused yet? lol I think I am!) So she calls him and they talk and he brings up the letter to her?! Now why wouldn't he mention it to me? I think I am going to scream! Anyway, he says that he wants to talk to my mom to discuss the expenses because he has no idea how much weddings cost. Sheesh........ I am telling you this is the cheapest wedding ever, and he didn't help at all with my first wedding, he didn't even go to my first wedding. So my sister told him that he was getting off cheap and since she isn't going to have a wedding (her and Jeremy plan to get married alone on a cruise ship) so he should just be glad he only has one wedding to help pay for. Somedays I think maybe we should have just got married in Reno while we were there last summer! My dad still hasn't called my mom and he never gave my sister a definite answer as to if or how much he is helping so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Marshall is selling one of his trucks to help pay for our portion of the expenses (keep your fingers crossed that it sells soon!) and hopefully I will make lots of money driving limos to cover the rest. Speaking of which, I guess I should stop stalling and get ready to go. Joe should be here in an hour or so.Wish me luck!

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template