Thursday, June 13, 2002

I talked to my dad yesterday and he said Michelle and the kids will be able to make it to the wedding! I am so happy, I felt so bad for the kids because I know they were really looking forward to visiting. Now, let's just see if I can talk them into taking a kitty home with them. lol My dad said Katie (my new stepsister who is 9) really wants a cat but my dad is afraid Tigger (his other son, part pit bull but a big baby pup) will hurt it. I think Tigger will be fine as long as my dad is the one to introduce the kitten to him, but I can see his concern. Oh well, I'm not sure if my North Dakota small town kitties would be able to handle the big city life of California. lol

Went shopping yesterday for something new to wear to my bachelorette party tomorrow night. I found a cute pair of hip hugger jeans. I really wanted capris but I have, lets say curvy hips, and the ones that fit my hips were way too big around my legs. They looked stupid. My mom said I could have them altered but I didn't feel like going to yet another fitting! lol So today I am off to shop for shoes, I always wear tennies (when I'm not barefoot which I usually am), I have three kids, I don't have time to be chasing after them in cute little sandals! Okay, I will admit that I'm just not a big fashion person. Give me a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and I am perfectly content! I hate dressing up and my idea of style is NOT something you would find in Vogue! lol It drives my mom insane who is always dressed in the latest style and looks as if she just walked off a runway complete with perfect manicure and high heels. You should see us a shop together it is not a pretty sight! hehe

Anyway, I do want to look good for my party, my wonderful sister has put a lot of time and effort into it! She is so wonderful!! Although she has pointed out that as my maid of honor and as my personal attendant she is carrying out two wedding duties which entitles her to two "thank you" gifts. She also "casually" mentioned that she spent over $300 on my wedding gift which of course is a not so subtle hint that I had better get her something nice! lol I love my sister she is always oh so honest! hehe

And my little brother is the absolute best. I was in tears yesterday when I heard about his last conversation with my mom. He told her that if my dad didn't come through helping out with the wedding he would pay for as much as he could because according to him he has a lot of money saved up and nowhere to spend it considering he is living on his ship right now. I couldn't believe he would offer something like that, well I guess I can because he is just that way, but still. We of course won't have to take him up on his offer, but the fact that he would offer is so sweet. I am feeling so very loved right now. :-) My family is all so wonderful! sorry for the sappy stuff but I had to share. hehe

Sorry for the long post today, I am feeling very chatty due to the fact that I have had way too much caffeine! I am going to put my energy to good use and get some laundry done before I head to town. Have a great day! :-)

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template