Friday, June 14, 2002

I took Brittany to her acting workshop this morning and relaxed in the park while Danielle played. Anthony was at day care because I have prepaid it and I have so much stuff to do, it's nice to have a break. Anyway, I was enjoying the sun, I slipped off my sandals and was squishing my toes in the wet sand, wet because it rained last night not because some gross kid peed in the sand! lol

Anyway, as I was waiting Danielle made a little friend with this cute little girl. We have seen her before with an older woman and I had assumed that the woman was her grandmother. The woman started talking to me and as we talked I found out that the little girl is her foster daughter, she is the foster mother to two girls the little girl in the park who is about 6, and another girl who just turned 12 who is in the same workshop as Brittany. The 12 year old has never had a birthday party in her entire life! Her birthday was last week and her foster mom is throwing her a huge birthday party tomorrow on their farm complete with hay rides for her friends. She said the girl was really excited about the whole thing until she got a call from her real mom who said she wasn't going to the party after all. I'm telling you, my heart was breaking!!!

There are some days when I think of all the things I want that I don't have or all things I want to do that we can't afford and I realize how silly all of these things are in the huge scheme of things. This woman and her husband are incredibly giving people, they do so much for the community and give so much to children who through no fault of their own have been given so little. She has had the little girl who is 6 since she was four and when she got her she couldn't even talk! The love she has for these children was so obvious to see. It's too bad there aren't more people out there like her! I am looking forward to talking to her again on Monday, I would really like to know her better.

Well, I'm off to drop Brittany off at her best friend's house for a sleepover. The fun, simple joys of summer. :-) I don't think my children realize how fortunate they are, I guess that is why they are so fortunate, because they have never known anything other than two parents and an entire family that love and adore them. My prayers are definitely with those two little girls, I just hope they are able to stay where they are for as long as possible.

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template