Friday, January 03, 2014

Long Day

My day has been going strong since 5am and finding out at 8am that I had to go downtown to clear up some paperwork. It was cold and windy and of course the only parking I could find was a 15min parking spot and there was no way I would complete my business in that amount of time. At that point I thought screw it, this day is shot so what's a ticket going to do? As I walked away from my van the parking meter person went by, not a good omen. I thought about moving but at that point was just resigned to get a ticket. Lack of sleep can lead to dumb decisions.

So I have a wait before I can speak to the person who can help me and of course there is a loud kid who refuses to listen to his mom. Again a sign that the day was only going to get worse. After the allotted 15 minutes tick by I pulled out my phone to google the cost of a Fargo parking ticket. I found where to pay my ticket but couldn't seem to come across an actual amount. I am picturing around $30 flying out of my wallet.

The loud kid and his mom finally leave and it is my turn. My paperwork is taken care of quickly and I race to my van to find - no ticket! One less thing to worry about and I take it as a sign that this is going to be a good day and it pretty much was. Feeling blessed that the girls were home so that I could leave daycare and take care of my paperwork in the first place. Caitlyn's dance practice was cancelled which gave me time to go shopping in preparation of expected storm and we were home early enough with time for another family game night. So much fun having the girls home.

Tomorrow is a dance competition which equates to a very long day of bleacher seating. Fun. Maybe the storm will keep us at home.... I can always hope.

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template