Wednesday, April 09, 2003

This morning I watched the fall of Saddam's statue. I was supposed to be at work, but I found myself glued to the television. As I listened to the sounds of joy as people celebrated their liberation I felt tears come to my eyes. This is what it was all about. I can't imagine that the rest of the journey in Iraq will be easy, I feel as if it will probably get much worse. I keep thinking about how easily crowds get out of control in our own country, how much worse will it be in a nation with no acting government or police? All though these thoughts were constantly playing in the back of my mind, I still couldn't help but to feel overjoyed as I watched the symbolism of Saddam Hussein's terror fall to its knees.

Today Brittany wanted to know why if the people in Iraq were celebrating the arrival of our troops and the fall of Saddam, why are the people in our own country still protesting? I would like to know the answer to that myself.

We finally went and picked up a copy of our marriage certificate. My drivers license has been expired since my birthday and I figured I'd better get around to renewing it with my new last name. I also picked up the tabs for my license plates which expired in February. Wow.....I can finally watch "COPS" without feeling paranoid that they would soon be looking for me! ROFL I'm serious, I'm surprised I never got pulled over just because I looked guilty! hehe

I am having an overwhelming craving for grapefruit juice. Not the sweet, sticky pink, cocktail kind, but the tart, pucker your lips, with absolutely no sugar added kind. How weird is that?

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template