Thursday, April 17, 2003

One time, in band camp.......oh sorry, I never actually went to band camp. Actually, I was never in band. But ever since we registered Brittany for band camp, I can't get that saying out of my head. ROFL She will be going to the International Music Camp located at the International Peace Gardens. She is so very excited and I am excited for her although a bit nervous to have my "baby" so far away. Even if it is only for a week!

Not much else going on around here, yes we got our taxes filed on time (barely) and yesterday it snowed! I am still not ready for Easter. Although I did go shopping on my lunch break today for a few things. When we moved I threw out all of the old Easter baskets, plastic eggs and other junk I didn't feel like packing. Today I wish that I would have kept them because that just means I had more stuff to buy. I did find some cute stuff though, although of course John goes, "You spent HOW much on Easter baskets?"

If it were up to him we'd go out and buy the pre-packaged baskets from Walgreen's that cost $12.00 each. Even that would be too much. It's not that he's cheap, it's just that I think he forgets that we live in the year 2003 not 1973. But of course, none of that matters because I went overboard as usual and buying a pre-packaged basket is never as much fun as making your own. My mom says it's because I was "deprived" as a child. Due to her religious beliefs at the time we didn't celebrate holidays, so she thinks that I am making up for all of the holidays I never had. Maybe she's right, but mostly, I think it is just fun to shop for cute little toys and Easter basket stuffers.

When the kids are in bed, I will have to smuggle all of my bags in and put the baskets together. I bought a whole bunch of these which were on sale, I think I might have to steal one. :-) These are my absolute favorite, much better than Cadbury Eggs which make my teeth hurt just thinking about them. So how about you? What is your favorite Easter candy?

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template