Thursday, April 03, 2003

John actually didn't have to work tonight so we went out to eat and then picked up a few groceries and rented a few movies. The plan was to come home and veg out on the couch but he ended up falling asleep so I am here checking email and stuff. Today was very cold. For some reason I had it in my head that there was a girl scout meeting after school so I rushed out of work because of course as usual I was running late only to find that the parking lot was a skating rink and my van was coated with ice. It had started to rain which in turn froze because it was so cold. I just love driving on roads covered in freezing rain! I knew it would be slick so I avoided the interstate and took the back roads because people around here always drive like maniacs in crappy weather. I was about 3 miles from the school when my gas tank went to zero and I was in the middle of nowhere with of course no cell phone. I drove with my fingers crossed the whole way hoping I wouldn't run out of gas and have to walk the rest of the way into town (there is a gas station across the street from the girls' school). Thankfully I made it to the gas station on fumes and a prayer and filled up my tank. I then went to the school to find it empty except for the secretary who told me that there wasn't a girl scout meeting today.

So I went to my mom's house and did payroll instead. My stepfather had a limo run and about 10 minutes after he left he called to tell me to drive home very carefully because he had slid the limo into a ditch. Fortunately, there was no one else in the car! Can you imagine?! I would have totally freaked out which is the main reason why I refuse to drive until it is summer! He was fine and the limo was fine, so he drove out of the ditch and continued on his run.

Well, I guess I should drag my husband to bed and read for a bit. Have a great night. :-)

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template