Tuesday, September 03, 2002

*NOTE* I made the entry below on the 3rd but couldn't get it to post, sorry about that.

I had a limo run last night that I swear could only happen to me. I will try to make this quick cause I'm tired and I want to go to bed. I had an airport pickup last night, which is pretty much the easiest run you can do. Pick them up from the airport take them to their hotel, no big deal. Except of course if you are me!

First their flight was delayed two hours which I didn't find out until I got to the airport. I was a little bit mad because I was told to just sit at the airport and wait. I was thirsty and bored and thought screw it, I'm going to get myself something to drink and then come back and wait for two hours. So I left the airport and went to the nearest gas station. This limo drives me nuts because you can take out the keys and the car will stay running and the ignition switch can work without the keys if you don't turn it all the way back. I pulled the keys out and of course it stays running, I thought about locking the door to the car and leaving it running since I had the keys. But I remembered someone saying that not all of the keyrings have a key to unlock the doors and I didn't want to lock myself out so I made sure the ignition switch was completely off but I didn't lock the doors since I was running right in and out. I bought myself a water and a magazine and went back to the limo so that I could head back to the airport.

I get in the car and try to start the car but although the key slides right into the ignition the switch won't turn. What the hell?! I took the key out, and tried again and once again it won't turn. Needless to say I freaked out especially since I watched the same police car circle around the parking lot looking at me parked in a no parking zone. I called John and he knew instantly what was wrong. My mom who had got my car ready, used the wrong set of keys to start the car. Since the ignition switch hadn't been locked it of course started right up and she just assumed that meant she had the right keys even when John told her that he thought they were the wrong keys.

So I had to sit there for 20 minutes waiting for John to bring me the right set of keys. For most people this stupid story would end here but of course this story happened to me so there is more. Do you remember that police car that I was nervous about? Well, he drove by again and this time he stopped right next to me. I get out of the car (the power windows don't work without the car being started of course) and wonder how I am supposed to explain that yes, I had one set of keys to drive here but that now that same set of keys no longer work! I said hello and asked if I could help him and he wanted to know how long I had been sitting there. About 5 minutes I told him and then he told me that if I saw a large sized man, of Native American descent, wearing a black jacket with a yellow logo on back to call 911 right away because he was dangerous and wanted for assault.

I smiled and said I would be sure to call and then got back in my car, where I am stuck in an empty parking lot, late at night alone with a freakin' car that won't start! John finally got there and I was able to head back to the airport without being assaulted or having to call 911. The rest of the night was boring as I spent two hours watching people come and go out of the airport. Finally a tall, good looking man starts walking towards me. I am about to ask him his name to find out if he is person I am waiting for when he starts talking......in French! Finally he said something about Microsoft which is the company name I have on my run sheet so I assume he is the proper person. He came back with 4 other men, none of whom speak English, and I take them to their hotel. I was a little nervous that I had the wrong group but found out later that my party did fly in from Paris, France. I wish someone would have thought to warn me! lol I mean how many people from France flying to the United States would go to Fargo, North Dakota of all places? lol

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template