Thursday, September 05, 2002

I'm sorry for the lack of posts here. It has been so busy between driving limos and spending time with John's family. His sister arrived and his dad is home from the hospital so we have been spending quite a bit of time over there. John's nephew also came to visit. He is about my age, John's sisters and I are going to take him out for ladies night tonight. He has been divorced for a few years now and his mother wants him to give her more grandchildren so it is our mission to find him a few prospects. lol Okay, it is actually just an excuse to go out and party but hey, who needs an excuse?

The girls have been keeping me busy, it is amazing how much homework they bring home. Brittany finally got her saxophone and it had to be repaired. It was a minor repair, there was a screw missing, but it meant I had to leave it at the shop overnight which meant she had to miss another lesson. She was not very happy. We picked it up last night and brought it home. She was very excited to put it together and play it for the very first time.

Have you ever played a saxophone? You can't just pick it up and blow, there is a way you have position your mouth or it just won't work. I have never played a sax so I wasn't sure what to do. Brittany was blowing for all of her might and no sound was coming out. She was convinced that it was broken. I hate to be gross here but do you have any idea how much spit goes into an instrument when you blow too hard? Ick. On top of that she wears braces which seems to make her spit even more. Not a pretty sight! lol Finally I took it away from her because I was afraid she was going to make her head explode not to mention she was in tears because it wasn't working. I took it apart, cleaned out her spit put in a new reed and gave it a try. The first time I didn't have much better results than she did but the second time I was able to make a sound which was a relief. I was starting to wonder if it was broken! lol Hearing me play a note made Britt determined to do it herself which she happily did for over an hour.

Note to self......set up saxophone practice area in the limo shop! lol

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template