Friday, August 23, 2002

Not much going on and yet everything is happening. You know what I mean? My life feels like it's in limbo but it never stops turning. Hopefully that makes some kind of sense, if not I apologize, but it does to me which may or may not tell you what frame of mind I am in. Last night I was finishing up some new graphics when the phone rang. I answered it thinking it was Nathan, limo driver who was bugging me to take his run for tonight, instead I heard a voice I almost didn't recognize. It was my sister. If you haven't been reading long enough to know how hard to believe that was, then you'd have to read my archives for earlier this summer to know what is going on. Let's just say I was shocked to hear from her. She sounded very upset and was crying.

She apologized again and again for not talking to me sooner and said that she misses me and the kids. That had me crying because although I have missed her very much I really never thought she gave a shit about me or the kids. I have always thought it was so easy for her to not talk to us, I mean she's done it before and it never seemed to bother her. She apologized for what happened after the wedding and wants us to get together to talk about what happened.

She is still really pissed off at my mom, dad and Gilly. I wish none of this shit happened but it did. So that leaves me where I always end up, in the middle of everyone elses shit. I'm not sure if it is because I'm the oldest sibling or because I tend to make people want to tell me their problems. What ever it is, it is the story of my life.

I don't care. I'm just glad to hear from her, I have missed her so much, she is the only person I can trust to talk to about a lot of the other shit going on that has nothing to do with me but at the same time has been put on my shoulders. Things I can't blog about, things that thankfully seem to have worked themselves out for now. ROFL Hmmm...is that cryptic enough for you? hehe Let's just say a member of my family was having some very personal problems and used me as their venting board. Thankfully, things seem to be okay now but it sucked to have all of their shit on my shoulders and not want to blog about it here since I try to only blog about my own problems and not wanting to talk about it much to John because most of it was really personal stuff. Stuff that you can only share with a sister because you know she would understand and you know it isn't going to be told to anyone else.

So anyway, we are going to get together tomorrow and hopefully talk some more about what happened. I know I pissed her off at some point. I didn't mean to but I did. I want to know what I did that made her so angry. I remember Jorge's sister who happened to be the oldest child. She was such a bitch and so damn bossy and controlling. She treated everyone else like they were little kids still. John's sisters have complained about their oldest sister doing the same thing. Is it a trait that comes from being the oldest child? Am I like that and just don't know it? I hope not, but obviously I am doing something I don't even think about that pushes Maria's buttons. Let's just hope I'm not as bad as the examples above!

John's dad is also in the hospital. He was complaining of chest pains although it doesn't seem to be anything with his heart. He was admitted on Wednesday and has been heavily medicated. That is the one thing I hate about him going to the VA hospital, they always seem to pump him full of so many drugs. I feel really bad because we haven't been up there yet. We were supposed to go last night but John said he sounded really doped up and tired and thought we should wait until tonight. I have a small suspicion that it also had something to do with the limo coach he had to work on last night which kept him in the shop until midnight! I can't really say anything because it's his dad and his dad is the one who turned him into a workaholic so I know he(his dad) would say to put work first. I used to let that drive me nuts, but you know, my family is anything but normal so who am I to judge some one else's family?

Sorry for the long post, that's what happens when I miss blogging for a day or so. Hope you all have a great weekend. :-) Oh, just in case you were wondering, this post is already long enough so I'm skipping the Friday Five today.

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template