Saturday, August 24, 2002

I am getting a late start this morning so I have to be quick here but I wanted to tell you about my limo run last night. I try not to blog about my customers because I don't think I would want someone else talking about what I was doing partying in a limo, you know? But this one I had to share and I don't think they would mind.

I had a pick up at someone's house for a surprise bday party. The first surprise of the evening was mine when I pulled up and saw not one but about 8 Elvis impersonators in the front driveway singing as I pulled up! They were all women dressed up like Elvis with Elvis wigs, pantsuits, capes, jewelry, the whole nine yards. They were all really getting into it, one of them had a portable microphone and they all must be huge Elvis fans cause they had the moves down just perfect. lol

We headed over to a local restaurant to pick up the bday girl. She was eating with her husband when all of her friends make a grand entrance singing to her and announcing that it is her bday. Can you imagine?! What an awesome surprise. How come I don't have friends like that? lol

They had so much fun, we went to a local store that has a statue of Elvis and they all trooped into the store to have their pictures taken with the statue. Then we headed to a grocery store and they all went inside as they made the bday girl buy peanut butter and bananas! Everyone in the store was going nuts! lol When people see a limo they want to know who's inside. And of course most of the times it's just normal people out having fun. Sometimes you see a bride or a cute prom couple all dressed up but that's about it. Imagine how surprised people were when they saw not one but 8 Elvis's get out of the car! I then drove them to a local bar where the birthday girl had to go inside and ask someone at the bar to grill her up a "peanut butter and banana" sandwich! I was told to wait halfway down the block for them at the local Dairy Queen because they wanted to parade down the street. Well the Dairy Queen is one of those older ones with no inside seating, you order at the little window and it is on the busiest intersection in town. You should have heard the honking and hollering as they paraded down the street. They were hilarious and they had such a fun time. This was definitely the best run I've done so far.

Tonight we are going out with John's sister and brother-in-law. There is a street dance in a small town not far from here. The band playing is called the "Front Fenders" and they play a lot of oldies music. It should be a lot of fun. Hope you all are having a great weekend!

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template