Monday, August 12, 2002

The girls will be home in a few hours!!!! I am so excited to see them. They always get so big while they are gone and they always have so many "treasures" to share. Danielle is my biggest packrat. She saves every ticket stub, brochure and any other possible item that she picked up along the way. Brittany usually has a picture of her and her dad riding the newest, largest roller coasters and of course they will both have lots and lots to tell me. :-)

Yesterday was spent browsing the local home improvement stores picking up a few odds and ends and dreaming of all the stuff we can't afford. ROFL We also went grocery shopping to make sure the girls had all of their favorite things to eat. As we were about to leave the store there was an announcement that tornado sirens were going off in West Fargo. The store wanted to let everyone know they were welcome to stay in the store. I wanted to stay, I HATE tornados, well ok, most people don't love tornados but growing up in Cheyenne there were a few too many that did serious damage. I am deathly afraid of them. John said we were better off going home so we grabbed Anthony and ran through pounding rain to the van. The sirens were blaring and the wind was very strong. As soon as John started the van I hit the switch for the radio and can you believe it wasn't working? Talk about pissing me off. We drove the 15miles or so home in a rush to get to our safe basement (and to get my Phish Food ice cream in the freezer!) only to find out that it probably wasn't a tornado. I'm glad we didn't stick around the grocery store like idiots. lol

The other night I came home late from my limo run and guess what I found? A brand new office chair waiting for me, a "just because I love you" gift from my sweetie. :-) I reallllly needed a new chair. My old one was falling apart and was really causing a lot of lower back pain. John said that since I spend most of my time at my desk he wanted me to be comfortable. Plus he was probably sick of me making him rub my back. ROFL

Well, I've got to go and get Anthony ready to see his big sisters. He is so excited that they are coming home. Have a great night..... I know I will! :-)

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template