Saturday, July 28, 2001

Went to see this with my mom and sister last night. They wanted to have a girls night out.......lol......think they missed me? hehe It was a cute movie and afterwards we went here to have a few drinks. The music was good although I didn't see anyone I knew there. Usually I run into a few people I know but since I haven't been there in how long? I guess that would explain it. I am so out of the bar scene. I really don't miss it but it was fun to go out for a change. I think I need to do that more often.

I'm still trying to get into the swing of things after vacation. We had so much fun. I haven't spent time with my dad since we went to Alaska together a few years ago. He took us all over the Bay area. We went to Alcatraz, Pier 39 (spent way too much money shopping here (I couldn't resist buying one of these), here and here. We had awesome clam chowder on Fisherman's Wharf and browsed the shops there as well. At one point we found this really cool shop/museum that my dad says he loves to visit. As I am browsing around with my brother my dad excitedly calls us over. He has found an old bell from a Navy ship and can you believe on the bell is the name "Peralta"?! I have never in my life seen anything with our last name on it. My brother who is in the Navy was very excited and we pull Marshall over to admire our "namesake" as I get my brother to stand under the bell as I snap his picture. Unfortunately our bubble is quickly burst as Marshall points out a small sign underneath the bell that claims "The Peralta" to be the Bad Luck Ship! We all glare at him for ruining our moment but took more pictures nonetheless. lol

Here are a few more highlights of our trip. We took the kids on a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory, that was actually a lot of fun. Did you know it takes 7-10 days to make one Jelly Belly? We also went to Six Flags, Marine World and took Marshall on his very first roller coaster ride. We took him on the Medusa which was so much fun. I absolutely love roller coasters. Marshall wasn't as impressed and spent the rest of the day watching us ride from the ground. I think the Medusa might have been a little bit too much roller coaster for his first time. lol We actually went to Marine World a few times because my dad bought us season passes. I know that seems silly for only a two week vacation but we went a few times and made it worth while. We went to my dad's favorite hangout in Vallejo called "Chris' Club" and played pool a few times. We also spent one day in Reno and gambled here, here and here. We didn't win much but had fun anyway. The rest of the time was spent lounging on my dad's patio, visiting and just hanging out. We had a very relaxing vacation and are looking forward to doing it again next summer.

Yes, I did say we plan to drive there again. lol No, I am not insane.......well maybe just a little bit. hehe Actually the drive was a lot of fun! The kids were really good and we took our time and stopped often which helped from keeping us from going insane. Anthony was so cute. We would let him out at a rest area and let him run around for 15 minutes and then Marshall would tell him to get back in his chair and he would jump in the car and climb into his chair and wait for someone to buckle him up. We also made it a point to stop early a few nights so that the kids would have time to swim in the hotel swimming pool. There is nothing like a good bribe to keep the kids on their best behavior! lol

Well as much fun as vacations are it is always good to be home! Thank you and you for the warm welcomes. It's nice to know someone missed me. :-)

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template