Monday, May 07, 2001

Next month (June) my mom's sister is going to visit us. I am very much looking forward to her visit because I haven't seen her in many years. My aunt is bringing her girlfriend. Yes, my aunt is a lesbian. I have no problem with this, I am just happy that she is happy. My dilema? My daughters have not met her and I'm not too sure if I should explain it to them or just see if they notice and ask about it? My children are aware that some people love people of the same sex in a way other than friendship (lol...wow...that was hard to word) hey they watch "Will and Grace" they are familiar with the term gay and because I don't find it to be a big deal neither do they. Should I just not say anthing and see if they ask? Or should I just bring it out in the open so that if they do see affection between my aunt and her girlfriend they don't feel confused by it? I know that I have plenty of time to prepare for this but the girls will be leaving to visit their dad soon and they will come home after my aunt is already here. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template