Thursday, November 02, 2000

I just got a letter from my brother Gilbert!!! He is in the middle of Navy "boot camp" at the Naval Training Center in Great Lakes, Illinois. I miss him so much. Reading his letter made me cry. He is such a good kid and a wonderful brother. He seems to be doing well, just a little homesick. It's hard to believe how fast time goes by. I can still remember him picking his nose when he was a little kid and trying to wipe it on me. I also have a younger sister who has decided she no longer wants anything to do with her family. It's too bad she doesn't realize how much she is missing out on. All families get on each other's nerves and at some time or another we all wish (hope) that we were adopted but when it comes right down to it family is the most important thing that we've got. Maybe being the oldest gives me a different perspective but I can't imagine ignoring my entire family. Hopefully she'll soon realize that petty differences mean nothing in the long scheme of things, and when she does we will all be right her for her. After all isn't that what families are for?

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template