Friday, November 03, 2000

"Honey, you really should go out with your friends tonight."

"I want to go but only if you go with me."

"I really just want to stay home tonight but you should go and have fun."

"No, if you don't go I'll stay home too."

"But I'm just gonna be finishing work on my page and I have a ton of laundry to do, so you might as well just go!"

"I'm just gonna stay home."

Sheesh.......sometimes I could just pull out my hair!! We've had this conversation too many times!! I really like going out with Nick and Chris but I am just not in the mood to get dressed, find a sitter, and sit in a bar and drink all night. But I know Marshall feels like going out to celebrate "Broom Day" (more on this in a bit). He should go out, he should have fun, he should get a break away from here before he gets sick of me. So why can't I get him to go unless I go??? We are not attached at the hip, at least we weren't last time I checked! Now I sound like I'm mad at him, I'm not mad I'm just frustrated. His friends are going to think that I'm not letting him go out and then they are gonna stop inviting him. You know how it goes, guy get's married/engaged - guy loses friends. I don't want to see that happen and I don't want his friends to think I'm a bitch but what can I do?

Broom Day. What is it? Well "The Broom" is what we call Marshall's ex girlfriend. Broom because she is a self proclaimed witch (she associates herself as a Wiccan but most Wiccan's I know want nothing to do with her) but mostly because she is such a bitch. Anyway, when she found out Marshall was dating me (they were already broken up at that point) she went into this psychotic rage. She set fire to his apartment, vandalized his truck, spread nasty hate mail about both of us, and she claimed to have put a spell on him that would have him dead on November 1, 2000 unless he were to break up with me and get back together with her. You can imagine what a hard choice that was:

A raving psycho or Lisa who is for the most part sane even if she does on occasion talk to herself

So after that tough dilema he decided not to get back together with her and ever since we have been "anxiously" awaiting November 1st when her evil spell would go into work and my sweetheard would fall dead leaving me for all eternity. Imagine our surprise when November 1st came and went and he is still alive. Or else he will be until I shoot him for not going out tonight!


No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template