Monday, May 21, 2001

Thank you to everyone for their concern over our mishap. :-) Friday was a very strange day, it all kind of happened in a blur. I do remember having two (or was it three? lol) VERY stiff Jack 'n Cokes at Buffalo Wild Wings. Believe me I needed them, I was a nervous wreck!! We didn't even attempt to clean up until Saturday. Instead on Friday we took the kids to the park and just enjoyed a wonderful evening being thankful that the fire wasn't worse than it could have been. This whole mess has prompted major cleaning around here. I have this strange urge to paint, clean, scrub everything in sight. I am washing quite a bit of laundry because just about everything seems to smell like smoke esp. in the kids room because my desk is right next to their room. I couldn't bring myself to clean up my office area so Marshall did it for me. The weird thing about the fire is that the wax from the candle seemed to have exploded everywhere. There is wax splattered on the walls, ceiling, and all over the floor. Not just dripped wax but splotches of wax every where as if the candle exploded. The candle had coffee beans on it and we have found coffee beans wedged in weird places as if they were flung there by force. We really can't explain it but are just thankful that it wasn't worse than it was. Thank you again for all of your kind thoughts, they really helped to make a horrible day much better. Before I forget: here are the before and after photos of my poor desk.

BEFORE
Before

AFTER
After

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template